Join a Committee, Commission or Board
Learn how to apply for a committee, commission or board to learn more about City politics and make an impact on your community.
City Committee Vacancies
Application Criteria for Committees, Commissions and Boards
- Applicants must not be employees of the City of Surrey
- Applicants must live in the City of Surrey or be involved in the industry that is the essence of the Committee, Commission, Board or Task Force, as outlined in the Terms of Reference
- Applicants should have experience or expertise that relates to the committee they are applying for
- Applicants should be able to serve for the full term of the appointment (about 1-3 years)
- Any additional criteria for specific advisory bodies as outlined in the Terms of Reference or applicable information package
Committee members are expected to attend monthly meetings and review related documents beforehand. This can equal anywhere from 2 to 10 hours per month. Time requirements vary among the committees.
In general, most committees meet 6 to 10 times per year, in the afternoon or evening.
Read the descriptions of the Committees, Commissions and Boards to identify which one(s) interest you.
These are volunteer positions. Successful candidates serve without compensation.
Joining a committee, commission or board is not equal to – and does not lead to – employment at the City of Surrey.
Applications are received by staff. Council reviews the applications and appoints members to the committees, commissions and boards. Copies of all applications will be made available to Surrey City Council, City staff and the Surrey Public Library Board for the sole purpose of making appointments and communicating with the committees, commissions and boards.
Your information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for this purpose and for contacting appointed persons with information regarding meetings.
All applicants will receive a letter from Legislative Services once the appointments have been made.