Registered Drop-In Activities
Recreate safely and stay active in Surrey.
Most Parks, Recreation & Culture facilities have reopened. Low intensity group fitness classes will be suspended as of March 30, 2021. Masks are required to be worn at all times during exercise with no exceptions. This is to ensure that patrons remain safe while exercising in City of Surrey fitness centres and gymnasiums. Anyone with a mask exemption is encouraged to exercise outside at this time. Follow surrey.ca/covid19 for specific facility re-opening and safety protocol updates.
Outdoor Fitness Classes
Registration is Now Open
This spring and summer, we're providing more options to stay fit with outdoor fitness classes! Focused on low intensity exercises, classes will take place at various outdoor locations across the City:
Clayton Community Centre - grass area
Holland Park - across from the fountain
Newton Athletic Park - field #9
South Surrey Athletic Park - field #9
Livestream Fitness Classes
Exercise at home with some of our most popular fitness classes live via Microsoft Teams. Enjoy the same, high quality classes from the safety and comfort of your home. Once registered, you will receive a link via email to connect to the class.
Led by our friendly instructors, these one-hour fitness classes and 45-minute meditation classes are ideal for seniors 55+ or anyone who prefers to stay fit at home.
Classes have now started and are held each week at the same time.
|Date:||Class & Instructor:|
|Tuesday's at 9:30am||Yoga with Linda|
|Wednesday's at 7pm||Guided Meditation with Reema|
|Thursday's at 9:30am||Body Sculpt with Cathy|
Register by phone
Registration by phone is available. Call 604-501-5100, Monday to Friday from 8:30am to 5:30pm and Sunday from 9pm to 11pm and a customer service representative will be happy to help you.
Cancelling a registration
Alternatively, you can call 604-501-5100, Monday to Friday from 8:30am to 5:30pm and Sundays from 9pm to 11pm and a customer service representative can cancel your registration for you.
If you no longer want to use your Recreation Pass, learn how to receive a refund.
We are offering a limited selection of activities and following safety protocols so everyone can recreate responsibly. Please do not come to the recreation facility unless you have received a confirmation call that a spot has become available. Only those with confirmed registration will be allowed inside.
To ensure fairness for all, we ask that everyone limits to one activity per day.
Swipe Passes & Rates
Learn about our rates for registered drop-in activities or save money by purchasing a 5,10 or 20 swipe pass.
Childminding services at recreation facilities will be unavailable at this time.
The withdrawal fee will be waived for patrons who need to cancel a booking due to illness.
For Everyone's Safety
- Pre-registration is required (including attendants)
- Capacity will be limited.
- Please stay home if sick.
Masks are required inside all City facilities. When exercising in our weight rooms, masks are mandatory at all times to comply with Provincial Health Orders.
- Come dressed to workout, changerooms are closed.
- Bring your own filled water bottle and towel. Water fountains closed.
- Arrive no more than 10 minutes prior to your start time to limit gathering.
- Answer health screening questions and wash hands upon entry.
- Maintain physical distancing at all times.
- Follow directional signage.
- Wash hands frequently.
- Leave your valuables at home, lockers unavailable.
- Patrons to clean equipment with disinfectant before and after using.
- Sanitize hands when transitioning between equipment.
- Class size will be limited to 10 participants and everyone will be physically distanced.
- Arrive no more than 10 minutes prior to class to sign in for a health check.
- Bring your own water bottle, equipment, and hand sanitizer (ex: yoga mat, towel)
- Only bring what you need; The City is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Shower and locker facilities are not available.
- Classes run rain or shine; please dress comfortably and according to the weather.
Low Intensity Gymnasium Sports
- Bring own equipment including racquets, birdies and balls.
- Clean equipment with disinfectant provided.
- No spectators.
Low Intensity Fitness Classes - Suspended
- A minimum of 8 to 10 participants are required for activities to run.
- Bring own equipment where appropriate (i.e. yoga mat).
- Clean equipment with disinfectant provided.
- Assigned equipment will receive additional disinfection between users.
- Keep personal items within your workout area.
Follow City of Surrey on Social Media
Follow us for daily news and updates, event invitations, program information, and deadline reminders.