Antenna Systems Permit
Apply for a permit to install or modify an antenna system and/or antenna system supporting structure.
You need an Antenna Systems Permit in Surrey for:
- installing a new antenna system, antenna system supporting structure and/or related equipment; or
- modifying an existing antenna system, antenna system supporting structure and/or related equipment.
Prior to submitting an application for a building permit, the applicant must contact Area Planning to confirm that the proposed antenna system and/or antenna supporting system will comply with all City bylaws, plans, and policies.
To consult with Area Planning, contact:
How to apply
After receiving approval from Area Planning, contact the Commercial Plan Reviewer for approval before submitting for a building permit.
Complete the Building Permit Application Form and submit the required documents, plans, and fees to the City of Surrey's Building Division by email, or in-person by appointment.
Digital permit intakes
Planning & Development permits can be submitted by email to email@example.com. Before submitting your application, please review the Digital Submission Guideline. You will be contacted once we have reviewed your submission.
All permit application processes will remain the same, apart from receiving the physical document copies. Hard copies of permit application submissions may be necessary and requested depending on the scope of work and project size, upon completion of the digital submission.
Professionals you may need
A Registered Professional (RP) is required to provide a Schedule B to accompany signed and sealed drawings. A Coordinating Registered Professional is required to provide a Schedule A if there will be more than one RP.
Include the following documents with your Antenna Systems Permit application:
- a Building Permit Application Form;
- an Owner Authorization Form (if the Applicant is not the Owner);
- a Schedule B to accompany each Registered Professional’s signed and sealed drawings;
- a Schedule A if there is more than one Registered Professional; and
- a Damage Deposit Form (if applicable).
Include the following plans with your Antenna Systems Permit application:
- four (4) sets of plans:
- site plan;
- architectural plan and details if equipment is located within an existing or proposed building or structure;
- structural details of anchorage and/or foundation must be certified by a Registered Professional; and
- electrical details showing proposed connections must be certified by a Registered Professional.
Refer to the Antenna Systems Bulletin for drawing specifics.
The Building Permit fee is due at the time of application for your Antenna Systems Permit. A damage deposit may be required.