Occupant Load Building Permit
Apply for an Occupant Load Building Permit for restaurants and offices.
Building Permit to Increase the Occupant Capacity within an Existing Assembly Occupancy
You need an Occupant Load Building Permit in Surrey to increase the occupant capacity within an existing assembly occupancy.
How to apply
Complete the Building Permit Application Form and submit the required documents, plans, and fees to the City of Surrey’s Building Division.
Professionals you may need
A Registered Professional (RP) is required to provide a Schedule B to accompany signed and sealed drawings.
All existing work within the subject tenant space must have been constructed under a previously issued Building Permit.
Include the following documents with your Occupant Load Building Permit application:
- a Building Permit Application Form;
- an Owner's Authorization Form (if the owner is not the applicant); and
- a Schedule B to accompany the Registered Professional’s signed and sealed drawings.
Include the following plans with your Occupant Load Building Permit application:
- four (4) sets of plans, sealed and signed by a Registered Professional:
- all applicable site plan(s) and floor plan(s).
Refer to the bulletin Applying for a Building Permit to Increase the Occupant Capacity of an Existing Assembly Occupancy for specific drawing requirements.
The Building Permit fee for your Occupant Load Building Permit will be based on the time the Plan Reviewer spends processing the application.