Fire Damage Repair Permit
Apply for a Fire Damage Repair Permit to repair damage to a building caused by fire.
You need a Fire Damage Repair Building Permit in Surrey to repair damage to a building caused by fire.
How to apply
Complete the Building Permit Application Form and submit the required documents, plans, and fees to the City of Surrey's Building Division by email, or in-person by appointment.
Digital permit intakes
Planning & Development permits can be submitted by email to email@example.com. Before submitting your application, please review the Digital Submission Guideline. You will be contacted once we have reviewed your submission.
All permit application processes will remain the same, apart from receiving the physical document copies. Hard copies of permit application submissions may be necessary and requested depending on the scope of work and project size, upon completion of the digital submission.
Professionals you may need
A Registered Professional (RP) is required to provide a Schedule B to accompany any signed and sealed drawing. A Coordinating Registered Professional (CRP) is required to provide a Schedule A if there is more than one RP involved. The Building Inspector will determine if a RP's involvement is required.
The scope of the fire damage repair building permit will be determined based on the results of the building, plumbing and electrical inspections. Please contact Building Inspections at 604‐591‐4231 to confirm the requirements for the building permit prior to making the application.
Include the following documents with your Fire Damage Repair Building Permit application:
- a Building Permit Application Form;
- an Owner Authorization Form (if the Applicant is not the Owner);
- a complete scope of work;
- a Schedule A sealed and signed by the Coordinating Registered Professional (if more than one Registered Professional is involved); and
- a Schedule B sealed and signed by each Registered Professional involved with the project.
Include the following plans with your Fire Damage Repair Building Permit application:
- two (2) sets of plans:
- site and/or key plan showing the location of the building on the property and/or where the work is proposed (if applicable); and
- sealed and signed drawings from each Registered Professional.
The Building Permit fee will be calculated based on the value of construction, and shall be paid at the time of the building permit application.
After you apply
If any applicable inspections have not been conducted at the time of the building permit application, your application will be placed on hold pending the results of the required inspections.