Plan your next birthday party or wrap-up party at a recreation centre in Surrey!
Plan your child's birthday party at a recreation facility in Surrey! We’ll help you plan a party that’ll keep the kids staying active and entertained. We offer many exciting themed parties at our recreation facilities, indoor pools, or arenas.
Birthday parties are booked on a first-come, first-served basis. Call or visit any recreation facility to confirm availability.
Please note: Our birthday party leader's main goal is to focus on the needs of the children attending. We recommend having 1 to 2 adults per child, up to a maximum of 24 adults per party. If you're looking for a large group birthday party, or a 1st birthday, please consider a facility rental.
Birthday Party Packages
Choose from a variety of party packages. Party packages include the following features:
- 2 or 4 hours of fun led by a party leader
- Room setup and cleanup
- 15 minutes of room setup and clean-up time before and after the party
- Kitchen access and activity appropriate party room
Sports (3-12 years)
Have an active birthday party! Let us know your child's favourite sport and a qualified sports instructor will do the planning. Kids are advised to wear appropriate footwear.
- $138.50 (up to 12 children)
- $214.05 (13-24 children)
Locations Offered: Cloverdale, Chuck Bailey, Fleetwood, Fraser Heights, Guildford, Newton, South Surrey
Dance (3-12 years)
A good choice for kids who like to get their groove on! The birthday child can choose from a variety of styles, dance games, or perform a routine at the end of the party, all planned by our dance instructor.
$138.50 (up to 12 children)
$214.05 (13-24 children)
Locations Offered: Fleetwood and Cloverdale
Note: South Surrey will be offered at a later time.
Bouncy Castle (2-10 years)
Safety first! This party requires 2 instructors. Have fun in our Bouncy Castle and play mini sport games.
- $249.65 (up to 24 children)
Locations: Chuck Bailey and Fraser Heights
Mini-Gym (2-5 years)
Play, celebrate and keep the toddlers active! Mini-gym birthday parties are perfect for littles ones to enjoy toys and games.
- $174.10 (up to 12 children)
- $249.65 (13-24 children)
Locations Offered: Cloverdale, Fleetwood, Fraser Heights, Guildford, Newton, Chuck Bailey, South Surrey
Team Wrap-Up (6-12 years)
Party with your teammates! Team wrap-up parties are a great way to celebrate your child's sport season. Equipment is provided and set up for 3 hours of fun. Team affiliation proof and a minimum of 2 adults present at the party are required. This party does not come with a leader.
- $200.75 (up to 24 children)
Locations Offered: Chuck Bailey, Fleetwood, Fraser Heights, Guildford, Bridgeview
Note: South Surrey will be offered at a later time.
Cooking Birthday Party (9-12 years)
Kids will love this fun cooking party planned by our talented instructor. They will learn some basic cooking skills while whipping up a delicious meal. Ingredient substitutions due to allergies and/or sensitivities will need to be provided by the party parent.
- $188.50 (up to 12 children)
Dive into the fun! Pool Parties are great for kids who love to swim! This party package includes a party leader for the first hour and standard pool amenities.
- $159.65 (up to 12 children)
- $224.90 (up to 18 children)
Locations Offered: Grandview Heights Aquatic Centre, Guildford Recreation Centre, Newton Recreation Centre, Surrey Sport & Leisure Complex
- Unlimited swimming during public swim
- Reserved birthday area for 2 hours
- Tables and chairs set up with a birthday sign
- Standard pool amenities
- Access to the party area 15 minutes before and after for set-up and clean-up
- Party leader is included for the first hour of the party
- Children under 7 must be within arm's reach of an adult in the water. There must be at least 1 adult for every 3 children in the pool.
- Water slides and diving boards have height restrictions. Please discuss with the individual indoor pool before booking your child's birthday party
Have some fun on the ice and lace up your skates! Skate and helmet rentals are available for a small fee.
- $212.80 (up to 12 children)
- $372.65 (13-24 children)
Locations: Cloverdale Arena, South Surrey Arena, Surrey Sport & Leisure, North Surrey Sport & Ice
- 2 hours of dedicated party space, including 1.5 hours of ice time during public skates
- Access to party area 15 minutes before and after party for setup and clean-up
- Fridge access and activity‑appropriate party room
- Skate and helmet rentals for children only
Museum Birthday Party
Book a museum birthday party! Choose a theme like Lego, slimy science, dinosaurs, trains, pirates, Dragons & Unicorns or princesses and knights. Parties include crafts, games, hands on activities, a museum leader and a party room.
- $190.80 (up to 12 children)
- $266.35 (up to 24 children)
Party Organizer(s) Responsibilities
- Party organizer(s) are required to provide their child's birthday cake or any food (including dishes, utensils, candles and matches) Party organizer(s) must also set-up and clean up dishes and utensils.
- Decorations are not provided with party packages. Party organizer(s) are allowed to bring decorations for party rooms, but are required to set up and clean up.
The birthday party cancellation fee is $25. Learn how to withdraw from a birthday party on our Registration Help page or contact the facility where the birthday party is located.
Frequently Asked Questions
What do I need to bring?
Party organizers are responsible for the decorations, food, birthday cake, dishes and utensils.
When is payment due?
Full payment is due at the time of booking.
What is your cancellation policy?
If you wish to withdraw/cancel the birthday party within 7 days you will be charged a $25 withdrawal fee.
When can the party organizer access the party space?
Party organizers are allowed access 15 minutes before and after the party time.
Can the party organizer pay for extra children when they arrive?
No. Our safety ratio is 1 staff to 12 children. If the parents arrive with more children they will be unable to participate.
How much for additional children?
If you have booked a party for up to 12 children, and the number of kids attending the party increases, you will be charged for an additional staff person, as we have a safety ratio of 1 staff to 12 children. Please confirm attendance 2 weeks in advance of your party date.
Not applicable to Pool Parties, party maximums are firmly set at 12 or 18 participants.
How many adults can I invite to the birthday party?
We suggest 1 to 2 adults per child up to a maximum of 24 adults per party.
Please note that any adults attending Pool Parties that wish to swim will need to pay general admission to the pool.
Can the party organizer bring in outside entertainment?
Yes, but it has to be pre-arranged with the Facility Programmer or Coordinator and adhere to the following rules:
- Paid contracted entertainers must have insurance with a minimum of $5 million in liability and name the City of Surrey as an additional insured. They must also provide the City with a copy.
- We do not allow parties to bring in animal acts or entertainment, personal or rented bouncy castles, or piñatas.
Can the party organizer use the fridge, oven, or stove?
The party organizer can use the fridge, sink and counter space if available. Use of stove, oven, or microwave is restricted to warming pre-cooked food as per Fraser Health regulations. Please check ahead to see what is available.
Can the party organizer store ice cream or ice cream cake in the freezer?
Yes, this is an option. Please note that fridges at all locations are a standard size and are only suitable for a regular size cake.
Can the party organizer bring alcohol?
Alcohol is not permitted under any circumstances.